Monday, September 24, 2007

In Rememberance

Although many good things happened today, and I will blog about them tomorrow, this evening I would like to take pause to remember my and many people's friend, Sam McFarlane.

He was caring, sensitive, generous, friendly, compassionate, funny, highly creative, grounded and a dreamer, passionate, adventurous, questioning, extremely intelligent, drawn to nature, introspective, truth-seeking.  He had a great smile, style, spirit, mind, laugh (what a great laugh), and way of making you feel heard.  I can't tell you any more than this:  Sam was present in all ways.  He lived.  A lot.  I will miss him tremendously.  Lots of people will.

I'm heading down to the beach so I can "be" at the service today at the same time everyone else is in Albuquerque.

What a blessing.  Thank you, Sam.

No comments: