Friday, September 28, 2007

Friday night

Well, the party crowd just cleared out.  Vivian, Sandra, and I were given an open studio party from Jill and Gloria.  A group of locals, friends of the Foundation, spent time looking at our work and asking lots of questions.

Two British women who live on the island and with whom I had a particularly nice talk  said that every time they visit the Foundation, they have to rethink their old concept of art.   They excitedly told me that I was making them un-learn old ideas about what art is, about one's physical experience to the world, and more.  That is exactly what I just love to hear, so I could not have been more pleased.  It was a nice evening.

I said I wanted to make that last big piece, something of a dream piece, right?  But that I was letting it go, because of my little cold and taking care of myself, right? 

I made it.  I made it this morning and now it's drying.  If all goes well, it will be the start of a new series.  I'm guessing from the computer chair here that the piece is 1.5' x 3'.  Jill told me it was a breakthrough piece for me.  Fingers crossed that it turns out. . .

The moon is orange for the second night in a row.  I have photos, but none do it justice.  Its light on the water is orange as well. 

Have a good evening.  I'm turning in with a book.  Kali spera sas.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy...Hope you get a good night's rest.  Thanks for sharing...Love Mom Carter

Anonymous said...

Amy,
I am savoring every word of your blog. I am living vicariously through you - even though, I guess I'm on my own adventure too!

Wishing you much love, creativity, serenity and peace
your friend,
Chloe

Anonymous said...

 I hope you savor every last minute of this wonderful retreat, Amy!  Today, I shall go to the Greek festival here in H'ton and think of you as I watch the dancers and eat wonderful food under this very blue sky.  Love and hugs,Sue